• Hometown Health Header

    Raising visibility through community partnerships.

Hometown Health Centers


Located in the heart of Schenectady, Hometown Health Centers (HHC) is the only not-for-profit, Federally Qualified Health Center in the county.

HHC is committed to providing high-quality, cost-effective healthcare to those in need with an emphasis on low-income residents and the elderly. The 47-year-old organization provides family medicine, pediatric, obstetrical, gynecological, podiatry, specialty care, mental health on-site pharmacy services, as well as comprehensive dental care to nearly 18,000 patients in the non-profit’s fully digital dental suite. Of the 60,000 visits accounted for in 2013, 90% of HHC’s patients were either Medicare or Medicaid recipients. The remaining 10% were covered by commercial insurance (i.e. CDPHP, Blue Cross Blue Shield, etc.), which provides financial stability to the business.

After many years of being in the red, HHC turned to Rueckert Advertising, which has extensive experience executing marketing and PR campaigns for an array of healthcare clients throughout New York and New England. Through our partnership we have developed and created a new logo and website, along with other targeted collateral pieces.

Additionally, we have raised HHC’s visibility throughout the greater Capital Region by seeking out meaningful community partnerships and providing public relations counsel on projects related to its participation in New York’s multi-billion dollar Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Program (DSRIP), the opening of its new Amsterdam office, creation of a new in-house student-operated pharmacy (College Hometown Pharmacy), and opening of school-based health centers at both Mont Pleasant Middle School and Schenectady High School, which are staffed by family nurse practitioners under the supervision of a HHC-employed physician.