1st National Bank of Scotia Announces Advisory Board Members
Monday, March, 21, 2022 -- 1st National Bank of Scotia is pleased to announce the establishment of an advisory board. This group of local business and civic leaders, who represent a cross-section of industries, will advise and provide insight and guidance on issues pertinent to the growth and success of the community bank.
New members of the advisory board, who will serve two-year terms, include:
• Jeffrey Gabriele (Schenectady, N.Y.), owner/operating manager, Gabriele’s Supermarket. Gabriele has 35 years of experience managing the privately owned grocery store, which has locations in Scotia and Rotterdam.
• Jason Packer (Delmar, N.Y.), CEO, Hill & Markes. A graduate of Syracuse University, Packer oversees a team of 175 employees who support more than 2,000 restaurants, hospitals, schools, hotels, ice cream stands across New York state. He is a former staffer to Congressman Sherrod Brown and served as director of the senate roundtable for the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee in Washington, DC.
• Debra Pollard (Glenmont, N.Y.), president, Fenimore Asset Management. Pollard is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the independent investment advisory firm located in Cobleskill, N.Y. The company offers separately managed accounts through the Fenimore Private Client Group and is the investment advisor to FAM Funds (mutual funds). She has been in her present role for almost 30 years.
• Danna Ellsworth (Bolton Landing, N.Y.), owner and operator, Ellsworth & Son Excavating. Based in Lake George, Ellsworth & Son Excavating specializes in residential, commercial, and industrial excavation, site development, septic systems, trucking, storm water, and demolition services. Ellsworth also operates Jenkinsville Sand and Gravel, Lake George Expedition Park, and Dieskau Properties.
• Charles Morris (Burnt Hills, N.Y.), president, Morris Ford. Morris has overseen his family’s 50-year-old automobile business for the past 20 years. He is also president of the Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake Business & Professional Association, as well as past chairman of the New York State Auto Dealers Association and Eastern New York Coalition of Automotive Retailers.
• Annmarie Krause (Athens, N.Y.), operations manager, Krause’s Homemade Candy. In her current position, which she has held for more than 30 years, Krause manages packaging, retail, fundraising and chocolate molding operations, as well as oversees new product creation, marketing and bookkeeping. She also serves as planning board commissioner for the Village of Colonie.
• Steven Heider (Colonie, N.Y.), owner, Northway Residential Services, a Colonie-based lawn care company. Heider, who is the former police chief for the Town of Colonie, is also chairman of Scautub Agency, LLC, a subsidiary of the Glenville Bank Holding Company, the parent company of 1st National Bank of Scotia. Additionally, he is a board member of the Albany County International Airport Authority and Colonie Youth Centers Inc., as well as member of the Town of Colonie Planning Board.
“1st National is already gaining insight and advice from this dynamic board of advisors in the time we have been working with them,” said John Buhrmaster, president and CEO, 1st National Bank of Scotia. “Each member brings experience and perspective from their roles in the business community. Incorporating a fresh viewpoint will be instrumental to the Bank as we navigate future challenges and opportunities.”
For more information, please visit firstscotia.com.
About 1st National Bank of Scotia
1st National Bank of Scotia is an independently owned and operated bank located in the Capital Region of New York State. Founded in 1923, 1st National is proud to provide creative financial solutions and personalized customer service to generations of families and businesses. For more information, please visit www.firstscotia.com